November 7th – December 2nd, 2018
In an effort to redefine the calendar holiday, Art Share L.A. would like to transform the gallery into a space of gratefulness, mindfulness, and affirmation of our common humanity. As an offer of oasis, Gratefulness is a curated open call exhibition that offers a reprieve from any toxicity and negativity of daily life. Through all forms of visual art, Gratefulness seeks to highlight the joyous aspects that community and life has to offer. Thinking about the beauty in the mundane, the light in darkness, and the delight in simple pleasures. This is a moment to be grateful in what we have, while continuing to pursue what we want. We are alive. We are together. We are artists living in Los Angeles! Life is good.
– EMAIL YOUR ARTWORK TO GALLERY@ARTSHARELA.ORG
– Attach up to 3 pieces of any medium to be exhibited
– Title each file attached: “LastName_FirstName_ArtTitle”
– The BODY of your email should outline: Title, Caption (1 sentence max), Medium, Size, and Price for each piece
– The SUBJECT of your email should be “GRATEFULNESS SUBMISSION – [YOUR NAME]”
– Only one email submission will be viewed per artist, please include all 3 pieces in a single email
– Original piece must be less than ~ 48 x 48”
– No more than 3 submitted works will be considered
– Each piece must be for sale and under $4,000
– Open to sculpture, video and installation work
Deadline to Submit: Monday, September 17th, 2018. Submissions that are not correctly formatted may be disqualified. We will reach out to you with the next steps on September 18th, 2018.